- This event has passed.
[WEAR Sustain] Open Call 2 Launch for Central and Eastern Europe (Athens)
November 16, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm CETFree
The WEAR consortium, in cooperation with our local Greek partners is organising a WEAR Sustain Open Call 2 Launch Event for Central and Eastern Europe in Athens.
WEAR Sustain seeks artists, designers and creative people of all forms to work with technologists to develop critical approach to design an ethical, sustainable, environmental, and aesthetic wearable device or smart/e-textiles project.
The event aims to presenting the call to engineers, technologists and designers, to provide information in order to be able to propose concrete projects within the framework of the second call.
Tickets (FREE) – Book via
Preliminary Agenda and Programme:
16.30-16.40 Welcome on behalf of the Greek organising team (Greek hub)
- Lila de Chaves, HERITAGE & MUSEUMS
16.40-17.00 Short presentations by the hub members
- Takis Lybereas, HELLENIC CLOTHING INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- and Dr. Anastasios E. Politis, HELGRAMED
17.00-17.45 Keynote presentation
- Maria Paneta, Architect, mariapaneta.com
17.45-18.15 Introduction to WEAR-Sustain project and Presentation on WEAR Open Call 2
- Stavri Nikolov, Founding Director, Digital Spaces Living Lab, Bulgaria
Smart Textiles in Fashion: Challenges and opportunities for a circular economy
- Mr. Evangelos Louris, President of the Hellenic Textile Engineers Association, Lecturer in Piraeus University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Dept. of Textile Engineering, Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Georgios Priniotakis, Associate Professor, Piraeus University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Dept. of Textile Engineering, Piraeus, Greece
Social Inclusion in Sustainable Fashion: The Case of SOFFA
- Dr Fiori A Zafeiropoulou, Founder, SOFFA, Refergon & Zita Sneakers CC Fashion Revolution, Greece
Making Apparels Smart
- Mr Demetres Stordopoulos, Founder and CEO, Tribe Wearables, Greece
The Future of Mental Health in a World of Artificial Sentience
- Mr George Eleftheriou, CEO & co-founder of Feel: World’s first Emotion Sensor and Mental Health Advisor
19.20-20.00 Discussion, Q&A Panel of WEAR experts and Greek Hubs